This recipe for Pistachio Crusted Salmon and Roasted Broccolini gives you a full protein-rich meal in under 30 minutes.
Salmon is one of my favorite protein sources for several reasons. It’s a quick and easy way to prepare high-quality protein, plus it packs in plenty of beneficial antiinflammatory omega-3 fats and thyroid and immune-supporting selenium.
A simple topping of crushed pistachios with fresh orange zest, turmeric, and Dijon mustard make the salmon slightly sweet and tangy with a bit of crunch.
I hope you enjoy!
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
- 2 (6-ounce) Seatopia salmon fillets
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, microplaned
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw pistachios, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bunch broccolini, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Allow the salmon to come to room temperature before baking. Begin with the other preparations in the meantime.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush the parchment paper with a bit of olive oil.
3. Combine half of the olive oil together with the Dijon mustard, turmeric, garlic, orange zest, and orange juice. Stir until well mixed. Pat the salmon dry and transfer to the baking sheet. Pour the Dijon mixture over the salmon.
4. Combine the tarragon, dill, pistachios, and sea salt together with the remaining olive oil. Top the salmon with the pistachio mixture. If you are making the broccolini, place it on the sheet pan with the salmon, drizzle with olive oil and season with a pinch of sea salt.
5. Transfer the sheet pan to the oven and bake for about 12 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through in the center. For a more golden crust, broil the salmon for the last 2 minutes of the baking time.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories: 574, Total Fat: 31, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 90mg, Sodium: 558mg, Carbohydrates: 30g, Fiber: 10g, Sugars: 10g, Protein: 48g, Net Carbs: 20g