Ever wonder what you’d gain by losing the alcohol from favorite your holiday beverage? If there were one indulgence to skip out on, it would be the blood sugar – altering alcohol! Alcohol lowers blood glucose, which not only inhibits wise decision – making (should I lounge on the couch or go for a refreshing walk outside?) but it sets you up for unmanageable cravings. Take control of your holidays by eliminating the alcohol – not the fun!
- 8 ounces pomegranate juice (unsweetened, cold-pressed, not from concentrate)
- 4 ounces cranberry juice (unsweetened)
- 1 juice and zest from 1 orange (organic)
- 1 juice and zest from 1 lemon or lime (organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 large lemon, sliced and pitted (organic)
- 1 large lime, sliced and pitted (organic)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds or whole cranberries
- 8 ounces sparkling water
- ice (optional)
- lemon rind curls (optional for garnish)
- In a large pitcher, mix the pomegranate, cranberry, orange and lemon or lime juices together. Stir in zests from fruit, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in fruit slices and stir. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, add sparkling waterand ice (if using) to the sangria. Stir to combine and garnish with lemon curls.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 cup, with ice)
calories 66 • fat 0 g • saturated fat 0 g • cholesterol 0 mg • fiber 2 g • protein 0 g • carbohydrate 17 g • sodium 8 mg