The next time you have a craving for bread, try this healthy alternative! This delicious recipe comes from my friend Jenny Carr’s best-selling anti-inflammatory cookbook, Peace of Cake. Enjoy!
Click here for PDF version.
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 6 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line an 8-inch by 4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and grease the parchment paper with coconut oil.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until the eggs froth.
- Pour mixture into greased and lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove loaf from oven and allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan by pulling up on the parchment paper and set on wire rack to cool until the loaf is room temperature.
- Slice the bread and serve as is or top with nut-butter, avocado or toppings of your choice. You can also use it as sandwich bread.
- Place the remaining bread in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 210 • fat 19 g • protein 9 g • carbohydrate 6 g • sodium 301 mg