This beautiful Immune Support Smoothie could be yours in under five minutes! It’s overflowing with colorful phytonutrients to support good immune health, along with plenty of protein for a satisfying breakfast.
Turmeric, ginger, and black pepper are anti-inflammatory rockstars, and along with cinnamon and cardamom they give this smoothie a warm and slightly spicy flavor with extra antioxidants to support a healthy immune response. While the maca powder is optional, it’s a great ingredient for increasing energy, mood, and libido and can strengthen immune function.
A few goji berries go a long way to add some sweetness in this recipe and they’re a rich source of immune boosting nutrients like vitamins A and C, plus zinc. Bee pollen is a fun garnish and contains many nutrients, amino acids, vitamins, lipids, and over 250 active substances and also has powerful antimicrobial properties.
I hope you enjoy!
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
We're grateful for our sponsor:
Not all skincare products are created equal, and with Annmarie Skin Care you can see a noticeable difference in your skin in just one week. They use organic, wildcrafted, and potent ingredients to create safe yet extremely effective products. If you’ve ever wondered if a serum is a necessary part of your routine, the answer is yes. Their primary purpose is to deliver activated ingredients directly into the skin, which they do with lightweight, hydrating molecules.
For a limited time only, Annmarie Skin Care is offering three of their most loved serums, the Citrus Stem Cell Serum, Anti-Aging Serum, and Probiotic Serum with Tremella, for just $19.99. That’s over 75% off the original price! Try Annmarie Skin Care’s Serum Trio now; your skin will thank you.
- 1 scoop Vanilla Farmacy Super Simple Grassfed Protein (or other vanilla protein powder)
- 1-inch diameter fresh ginger root (could be replaced with ½ teaspoon of ground ginger powder)
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons goji berries, divided
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground turmeric powder
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- Few ice cubes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 1 teaspoon goji berries
1. Add all of the shake ingredients into blender and blend on high for one minute until smooth.
2. Sprinkle with bee pollen and remaining goji berries and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories: 245, Total Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Fiber: 7g, Protein: 31g, Carbohydrates: 22g, Sodium: 345mg, Sugars: 7g, Net Carbs: 15g